Michael McCourt is a Principal of RISK MANAGEMENT ADVISORS where he counsels clients on crisis management and planning; executive protection; workplace violence and conflict management; risk management; and crisis leadership.
In addition, Michael leads RMAs training practice, conducting customized seminars for corporate personnel on a range of security-related subjects. Michael has extensive teaching experience with hundreds of hours presenting keynotes, seminars and webinars. He was formerly an adjunct instructor teaching interviewing techniques at the USDA Graduate School in Washington, D.C., and an adjunct instructor at Boston University’s Corporate Education Center.
With more than three decades of combined, progressive law enforcement and private security experience, Michael is a requested speaker and author who works with a diverse cross-section of international industries and organizations.
Recognized Subject Matter Expert
• Threat Management, Crisis Management, Consequence Management
• Workplace Violence Prevention, Response & Recovery
• Executive Protection Planning, Policies & Procedures
• Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Training & Development
• Internal & External Criminal and Civil Investigations
The Boston Globe, "Companies increase security, training in wake of shootings"
New England Cable News, "How SWAT Teams Respond to Shootings"
New England Cable News, "Preventing Workplace Violence"
• Certified in Homeland Security (CHS-III), American College of Forensic Examiners International
• Certified Trauma Responder (CTR) Association of Traumatic Stress Specialists
• Certified Employee Assistance Provider (CEAP) Employees Assistance Professionals Association
• National Incident Management System/IS-00700.a (FEMA)
• Incident Command System/ICS-200 (MEMA)
• Advanced Driver Training/Executive Protection (In-Control)
• Emergency Response to Terrorism (Executive Office of Public Safety)
• Sigarms Firearms Proficiency Certification (State of New Hampshire)