If you plan to attend the Boston Marathon, here are some safety tips to remember:
- If you see something suspicious, say something or call 911.
- Be aware that there will be both uniformed and plain clothes officers along the entire route.
- Police officers and/or security officers may set up periodic checkpoints along the route, so be prepared to have bags inspected.
- Remember TYB (Touch Your Bag). Keep personal belongings under your strict control.
Please do not bring any of the following items to the event:
- Weapons of any kind.
- Flammable liquids of any kind.
- Backpacks or shoulder bags.
- Rolling suitcases and/or rolling coolers.
- Large bags. If possible, bring needed items in plastic see-through bags.
- Bulky blankets and/or sleeping bags.
- Please refrain from the use of drones along the route.
Your cooperation with the guidelines above will help ensure a safe and enjoyable event!